NRIWoman is thrilled to collaborate with New Journeys to bring you an opportunity to experience the wonderful Dharamshala. This trip includes scenic walks, meditation, local cultural experiences, tea garden visits, international film festival and most of all, making new and like-minded friends.
Once a sleepy town in the foothills of the north Indian Himalaya, Dharamshala, is now a global destination. The town is the exile home of the Dalai Lama, the capital of the Tibetan diaspora, the Summer capital of the hill state of Himachal Pradesh, an international cricket venue, and more recently, incorporated into the smart city programme of the country.
Drawn by the beauty of the mountain setting and its unusual mix of Indian, Tibetan and international cultures, one can see thousands of visitors from all over the world strolling through its narrow streets throughout the year. Crowded with multi-cuisine restaurants, cafes, bookshops, and video parlours, the small town of Dharamshala is a unique experience.
5-9 November 2019
|5th November |
1. Fly to Amritsar + Road trip to Dharamshala
2. Meet Srijan & tell him how awesome your trip is going to be
3. Dinner at the Hotel
1. Attend the teaching of HH The Dalai Lama (subject to his schedule)
2. Tea Tasting at Tea gardens
3. Evenings at McLeod Ganj for shopping & Photography
1. A day visit to the Meditation centre
2. Cafe Hopping
3. Bonfire night + Scary storytelling session
1. Visit the Dharamshala International Film Festival
2. Goodbye Party with Locals
| 9th November|
Say goodbyes to the Himalayas & return to Amritsar
1. To and fro transportation from Amritsar to Dharamshala
2. Intra-city transportation except for bikes
3. Stay and accommodation
5. Breakfast & Dinner
6. Tickets to the Dharamshala International Film Festival
7. Local guide in Dharamshala
1. All flights to and from Amritsar
3. Travel and medical insurance
4. Shopping and personal expenses
AED 3900/- per person on a twin sharing basis
AED4900 per person on a single room basis
1. There will be a considerable amount of walking as this is a culture exploring trip. Do ensure you have the correct shoes and are fit enough to be out and about all day.
2. The Hotel we will stay is a boutique space and is an experience in itself., Be mindful that you will have to step out of your comfort zone so prepare mentally.
3. We require a minimum number of 12 people to proceed with the trip. If minimum numbers are not met, trip will be cancelled.
4. Bookings are not confirmed unless payments are made in full. No verbal reservations will be accepted.
5. Please ensure that you purchase your flight tickets well in advance as these are not guaranteed by New Journeys even if you purchase the trip.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST